Thursday, August 2, 2012

What a year!!

I'm ashamed to say it's been almost a year since I last wrote anything..

During that time I kinda lost my drive or motivation to paint... Not sure why, but it could have been that full time work was not the best, family illness and plain old simple not many sales...

In May 2012 Richard (my lovely) and I were lucky enough to travel to London, Ireland, Paris and Morocco... Oh my lordie.. LONDON... I think I went to the National Gallery 5 times and the Portrait Gallery 3 times in 10 short days... I fell in love with Art all over again.. The priviledge to see up close Leonardo, van Gogh, Turner, Constable is treasured forever..

My favourites are:
- The execution of Lady Jane Grey 1833 by Paul Delaroche
- Queen Elizabeth 1 1533-1603. Artist unknown
- The Magdalen Reading, by Roger van der Weyden

When we returned to New Zealand I was very unsettled... I just want to live in London..I want to study Art Histoty... I want I want I want...
So to help me get over myself I have enrolled in Art School at the Learning Connection here in Wellington.. so I'm a part time student again!!!

I have also stepped up my marketing and am showing at two exhibitions/events in September... Details can be found here.

So here's to life, art, learning and discovering...
 
Anyone got a job for me in London?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


[url=bhagavadgita.ru/bhagavad_gita_1788_06.htm]Багуат-Гета, или Беседы Кришны съ Аржуномъ, 1788 г. Гл. 8[/url]

Anonymous said...

Довольно интересно, мне понравилось!
[url=http://appcases.ru/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=975]чехлы для iphone 5 спб[/url] не так уж и сложно, рекомендую!